You will support the transportation requirements of the customer and facilitate the requirements to the carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing drivers handing and updating systems to the JIT and SPD freight.
- Ability to handle request by phone and email from customers and carriers to add, delete or modify routes.
- Communicate with drivers and provide instructions to ensure a successful delivery.
- Monitor and adjust driver schedules to cover required transportation commitments.
- Handle emergency shipments as required.
- Load information via Omnitracs messages and phone conversations with drivers
- Work with material planning department on scheduling daily transportation requirements.
- Responsible for transportation management software data updates.
- Update transportation metrics.
- Fulfill requests by researching, locating, and providing information.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement solutions for the transportation network.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to train the right candidate